Monday, September 17, 2007

Exactly Last Year

This picture was taken by Kate on September 17, 2006, a few hours after Nichi had his first and last seizure attack.


Such episode really did scare the wits out of us, the whole family, who witnessed how it was to lose Nichi for even just a few seconds.

Today I accompanied my Dad as he faced reality that we've physically lost Nichi for good. We went to Nichi's hospital to distribute our thank-you cards to everyone who were there to help him get well, or at least not get worse.

It felt weird. I felt like there's a lump in my throat almost the whole time. I had to forgo telling Dr. Alba how Nichi appreciated him as a doctor. Maybe next time I'll do that.

Right now, we have to deal with the longest "few seconds" without Nichi in our lives. Well, at least I have to learn to deal with it.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites