Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Shot at Art



They call it pop art. A genre which came out during the middle part of the 20th century. We find it all around us once again and I am a dumbfounded fan.

Perhaps I am your typical frustrated artist. I remember joining the arts club for two consecutive years in grade school in the hopes of laying my hands on mini bottles of paint, not to mention the other fascinating art materials available then. My interest in arts must have been one of the many things I started which I didn’t really pursue.

And since art seems to be something which literally is right at my fingertips, thanks to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, I’ve decided to stretch my digital paintbrush and do me some of those pop art I adore.

This is my first attempt so be kind. At least my model is too young to protest!



I am well aware that I’m no Andy Warhol. And my being new at this makes me vulnerable to filter/effects abuse. That I confess.

Let’s just say that this’ll be my latest shot at art, pop art if you want to be specific.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites