Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pers Taym

So they say, there's always a first time for everything. Today I had my latest "first". An exhilarating first. Never saw such "first" coming but life surprises us in unique ways that don't take no for an answer. Next thing I knew, I had to do it.

To ride a motorbike.

How and why this happened?

I was in a hurry. In a real hurry. In a matter-of-life-and-death hurry.

The thing is, not only my life was at stake but also the lives of a whole lot of people who may seem to many as a lucky bunch given the "privilege" of working close to the stars. But behind such luck is a full load of stress that isn't glamorous at all. In such world, lives can sometimes be reduced to a video tape. The one I was in hurry to deliver. The one on which our lives depended on.

Around 11:59 a.m. I was running towards the exit of a train station and there it was. The ride that took 29 years to happen. The motorbike that will save so many asses, including mine.

I think there was a fraction of a second that I hesitated to hop on the thing I always considered as a killer ride but as I've said, I was in no position to say "no."

The screaming and the shrieking were inevitable as far as I'm concerned. My apologies to Kuya Ramil and his damaged ear drums. It is impossible to shut me up if I were THAT afraid. It could have been worse if I kept my eyes open. It could have been worse.

Now I am a firm believer that everyday IS an adventure!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites