Saturday, December 26, 2009

Blessings Instead of Sheep

Instead of writing something about the movie "Love Actually" which I actually love--the "love is all around" idea is key--I shall instead write something more worthwhile.

Like being happy.

You see, optimism is not intrinsic to me. I am better at sarcasm and it is easier for me to indulge in cynical thoughts. But these days, I choose to see the brighter side of life. Everyday, there is a conscious effort on my part to stay positive. To smile right when things go tough and, well, shitty.

I learned it the hard way. To see the light at the end of a rough murky road. Just think of it this way, when you're down, you've got no where else to go but up. And up there I choose to stay.

In my almost 30 years around, I realized it is more convenient to stay happy than to sulk, mope, curse the world and radiate negative energy.

Thinking "ang malas ko" is light years behind in terms of making us feel better.

Knowing how lucky we are certainly guarantees priceless goodnight sleep. I'm all for that.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites