Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mind Over Bladder

My bladder is shrinking. I don’t know why, I don’t know how but I think it is shrinking. I seem to feel the need to pee all the time. These days my bladder can only handle so much.

In the Philippines, men can pee wherever they like, whenever they feel like it. It is something I never understood and I probably won’t. Are they making the most out of their ability to relieve themselves while standing up? Or are they who pee at random spots just typical slobs?

So God created man, and if I didn’t know any better, a man invented the toilette. But why is it that the Pinoy variety can very easily take a step back from being civilized and take a leak on places other than the toilette bowl? Vacant lots, MERALCO posts, bus wheels—you name it and one Pinoy male had certainly peed on it.

On the other hand, some of us have to run to designated pee spots to take a piss, we who bother putting our minds over our bladders albeit the persistent call of nature.

After 45 minutes of traveling this afternoon, I badly needed to go. Go where, that is the question. It is not like I am in Megamall where I can go wherever I wish even with my eyes closed. Thank heavens for the Mc Donalds branch I saw. I was able to pee even before I burst which would not have been pretty especially since I was on my way to a really nice company.

Of course I felt the need to pee again after a panel interview and a test. But I was able to contain myself. And I peed where I was supposed to pee. Hello? I am no slob.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites